Learn from experienced leaders
Join us for a specialized three-part webinar developed for
- Regulatory board chairs
- Incoming regulatory board chairs
- Regulatory board vice chairs
- Regulatory board members who are interested in leadership
We will provide expert advice from experienced board chairs and administrators. Take the time to focus on your role as board chair, so that you can be the best chair possible.
All three sessions will be conducted live via online video conference software. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection.
September 10, 17, and 24, 2019
2 p.m. to 3 p.m. EDT
Session 1 (September 10): Unique role and responsibilities of the board chair
- Participants will clearly name and understand attributes of a good board chair.
- Participants will identify key relationships that lead to success as a board chair.
- Participants will articulate time commitment and priorities of a board chair.
Session 2 (September 17): Effectively managing the work of the board
- Participants will clearly articulate board authority and powers.
- Participants will clearly articulate limits to board authority.
- Participants will understand effective meeting management strategies and how to create a structure for success.
Session 3 (September 24): Anticipating and successfully managing the unexpected
- Participants will identify transitions in order to respond proactively.
- Participants will identify key stakeholder relationships.
- Participants will anticipate unexpected circumstances both internal (board and staff) and external (public, stakeholders, political, etc.)