The ASWB Social Work Registry is a secure repository of social worker credentials. It offers convenience and efficiency from a trusted source for subscribers and member boards alike.
When social workers subscribe to the ASWB Social Work Registry, member boards can benefit in all the ways below. The Registry verifies professional credential information and keeps it secure and accessible in a single repository for submission at the subscriber’s request.
Why member boards use the ASWB Registry as a verification source
- Simplicity. Simplifies the license application, transfer, and renewal processes.
- Security. Eliminates potential document fraud by securely storing verified credentials.
- Efficiency. Reduces duplicate work, streamlines the application process, and enhances licensure mobility, at no cost to members.
- Effectiveness. Speeds access to and increases consistency of applicant information.
- Public Trust. Ensures that the shared mission of public protection is fulfilled with a check of the ASWB Public Protection Database.
The trusted source
ASWB is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to and aligned with the public protection mission of social work regulators. The Registry is an extension of that commitment.
Information the Registry verifies and stores:
- Original academic transcripts
- Social work licensing examination results
- Licensure history
- Clinical supervision records (if applicable)
- Disciplinary actions reported to Public Protection Database (PPD)
- Records the social worker can add (not verified)
- CE courses completed
- Employment history
- Other professional credentials (ACSW, BCD, etc.)