Since 2005, the Association of Social Work Boards has processed social work licensing applications on behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration of Social Workers. On average, ASWB processes 2,000 applications per year.
Now the ASWB application and license issuance service offers online application processing, along with the ability to develop and produce licensure applications to the specifications of individual boards/colleges in all jurisdictions.
This contract service was developed to lift administrative burdens from boards, allowing them to run business more efficiently and cost effectively. The service can also be integrated with other ASWB contract services further saving social work regulatory boards time and money.
Features of the ASWB application and license issuance service:
- Application development and production
- Customer service access
- Assembly and distribution of application packages
- Online application processing, review, and approval
- Receipt and transfer of payments
- Electronic data transfer for exam registration
- License number issuance
- Digital file transfer
Key advantages of partnering with ASWB:
- Approved candidates will be able to register immediately for the exam because the transfer of preapproval data is automatic. The preapproval system also will receive and store the examination scores of licensure applicants.
- Social work regulatory boards receive dedicated support from ASWB and seamless integration of services. The services offered can be integrated with ASWB’s application processing service, continuing education audit service, its Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program, and its Social Work Registry credential service.
- Licensing history of every applicant is checked during preapproval. ASWB’s Public Protection Database (PPD) collects information on social workers disciplined by regulatory boards in the United States and Canada. Consequently, ASWB can check every applicant against this database as part of the preapproval process, allowing the board to gather more information if needed.
- ASWB’s work is focused on a single profession, which means that ASWB’s staff is familiar with and fundamentally understands the importance of public protection through social work licensing and regulation. The enforcement of licensure requirements is as critical to ASWB’s mission as it is to that of our member boards
For more about the ASWB Application and License Issuance Service, please contact David Ryczko by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone, 800.225.6880, ext 3012.