Kate Zacher-Pate (MN), chair
Kenya Anderson (TN)
Endsley Real (GA)
Carolyn Szafran (MO)
Barb Whitenect (NB)
Vicki Williams (TN)
Harold Dean (AR), liaison
Description in bylaws
This committee is not included in the bylaws.
The Regulatory Education and Leadership Committee employs a diverse range of regulatory and professional perspectives to facilitate conference planning for ASWB, and develops educational programs and projects for the association as identified by the Board of Directors. The committee reports to the Board of Directors and is guided by the ASWB Strategic Plan.
The Regulatory Education and Leadership Committee is charged with the following on an ongoing basis:
- Developing programs relating to social work regulation, leadership, issues faced by licensing boards, association developments and products, the ASWB examinations, and other relevant topics identified by the Board of Directors.
- Creating a variety of educational offerings and organizing meeting agendas to capture and refine the broad themes and topics selected by the Board of Directors.
- In consultation with the Board of Directors, identifying and coordinating potential plenary speakers, panelists, and presenters.
- When requested by the Board of Directors, issuing calls for abstracts on topics for possible presentation and selecting presenters.
- Monitoring continuing education content delivered at the ASWB Education Conferences for compliance with association policy and standards established by the Board of Directors.
Currently the Regulatory Education and Leadership Committee has two face to face meetings. In addition there will be several conference calls as needed. Each year the incoming committee members do not begin their work until after the Education Conference.