Laura Thiesen (AK), chair
Spencer Blalock (MS)
Sonia Cisternas (QC)
Vikki Erickson (NV)
Jacqueline Lowe (SC)
Elizabeth Pope (NC)
Florence Huffman (KY), liaison
Description in bylaws
This committee is not included in the bylaws.
The Regulation and Standards Committee reviews and recommends policies and actions pertaining to the association’s role in providing regulatory information, developing relevant disciplinary and regulatory data banks, facilitating the exchange of information relative to the movement of practitioners from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and working toward uniformity of law and practice while respecting jurisdictional rights. The committee works closely with the President and Chief Executive Officer, and reports to the Board of Directors. The Committee’s work will be guided by the ASWB Strategic Plan whenever applicable.
The Regulation and Standards Committee is charged with the following on an ongoing basis:
- Developing and considering proposals for additions or changes to the ASWB Model Social Work Practice Act.
- Conducting regular reviews of the ASWB Model Social Work Practice Act.
- Monitoring policies and developing procedures regarding operation and maintenance of the Public Protection Database (PPD).
- Monitoring and encouraging regulatory board participation in the Public Protection Database.
- Developing model procedures, requirements, and forms to facilitate greater uniformity among jurisdictions.
- Monitoring emerging issues regarding social work practice.
The RAS committee meets face to face one time per year.