Brian Carnahan (OH), chair
Joyce Bell (MD)
Yvonne Haynes (VA)
Carla Moore (LA)
Kathy Outland (OR)
Mark Scales (NS)
Meenakshi Budhraja (AR), liaison
Description in bylaws
There shall be at least five members on the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee, appointed by the President after receiving input and approval from the Board of Directors. The composition and tenure of the members shall be determined by the President. The Bylaws and Resolutions Committee shall propose amendments to the Bylaws when it determines that such amendment is necessary, and shall receive and consider proposed amendments to the Bylaws submitted in accordance with these Bylaws. The committee shall receive and consider all resolutions submitted in accordance with Association policy.
The Bylaws and Resolutions Committee is charged with the following on an ongoing basis:
- Considering all amendments duly proposed to the bylaws, and making recommendations to the Board of Directors and the Delegate Assembly as to the implications of adoption.
- Initiating any suggestions that the committee feels necessary for change to the bylaws or proposed amendments.
- Providing leadership to the bylaws amendment process at the Delegate Assembly.
- Screening and processing all resolutions to be brought before the Delegate Assembly in accordance with association policy.
- At the direction of the Board, reviewing the ASWB Policy Manual for inconsistencies with current bylaws or association practice, and drafting proposed changes for consideration by the ASWB Board of Directors.
One face to face meeting usually held in the Washington, DC area. Occasionally this committee has conference calls during the rest of the year.